Saturday, July 9, 2011

Our Southern Sustenance

Hello, my name is Erik and I have a passion for food.  I love all aspects of food from shopping, to cooking, to eating.  Along with my fiancee, Megan, we will be sharing our experiences at restaurants around North Carolina, as well as our experiments in the kitchen.  I have been cooking for most of my life and I take great pride in what I serve my family and friends.  Together, Megan and I have over 50 years of eating experience and we would gladly admit that we are "foodies."  I was born here in North Carolina, but was raised in PA.  With my Italian/Polish heritage, I grew up around various cuisines and have been cooking since a young age.  After college, I moved back to NC and I have no plans to ever leave again.  I love the food, love the environment, love the lifestyle, and love Megan.  Megan is a born and bred Carolina girl (the best in the world) with the sweetest accent that I have ever heard.  She is a college grad who is quick as a whip, prettier than anything, and raised southern proper.  I am so lucky to have her in my life.

The reason why I am starting this blog is because I feel the people of North Carolina could benefit from our adventures in dining.  We enjoy good food and we are ready to tell you where to find foods we loved, and where you should avoid.

 While we live in the Harnett/Johnston county area, our blog will divide the restaurants of NC into 5 areas.
1) The first is the Raleigh area which includes restaurants in Cary, Garner, or Clayton.
2) The second area is the Durham/Chapel Hill area.
3) The third will be the Harnett/Johnston county areas of Lillington, Dunn, Benson, etc.
4) The fourth is Wilmington.  We love day trips to the beach and often eat in the Wilmington,  Kure Beach and Carolina Beach areas.
5) The fifth is where we spend a week each summer, the Crystal Coast area. This includes cities such as Emerald Isle, Morehead City, Beaufort, and Atlantic Beach.
We rarely go to the western part of the state, so it will get little focus.

In addition, we will include recipes that we use or create at home, along with our tips to give you the best possible culinary experiences.  By the end of our posts, we hope you enjoy the eats, treats and sweets in North Carolina as much as we do.  There isn't a better state out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment